Guide for Authors
Mekatronika adopts the "Your Paper Your Way" practice introduced by Elsevier. This means that there is no specific format that the authors must follow to submit a paper to this journal. The authors are free to use any paper format and reference style, but they have to be consistent throughout the paper. The followings are the requirements of "Your Paper Your Way" practice, quoted from Elsevier:
- Authors may submit their manuscript (text, figures and tables) as a single file. This can be a Word or PDF file, in any format or layout, and figures and tables can be placed within the text.
- Figures should be of high enough quality for refereeing.
- There are no strict formatting requirements but all manuscripts must contain the essential elements needed to evaluate a manuscript (Abstract, Keywords, Introduction, Materials & Methods, Results, Conclusions, Artwork and Tables with Captions).
- References can be in any style or format, as long as the style is consistent. Author(s) name(s), journal title/book title, article title (where required), year of publication, volume & issue /book chapter and the pagination must be present. Use of DOI is highly encouraged. The reference style used by the journal will be applied to the accepted article at the proof stage.
- When a paper reaches the revision stage, authors will be requested to deliver any items that are still required for publication, for example editable source files.